Saturday, July 9, 2011

Not Smartness

I started the day off kind of raging about the rather anti-women, anti-gay, anti-basically everything that isn't WASP marriage bill that the Republicans are all supposed to be signing.  Then I realized this was a blessing in disguise because it makes weeding out the crazy ones really easy.

I really don't understand the logic of things like this. If you know that the people you may be pleasing by signing this thing make up less than half of the voting public, why alienate everyone else?

And, I wonder if there will be any of the candidates who stand up to this kind of thing and say, "Look, I'd like to fix the economy. That is the important thing here. I have plans to do so that are grounded in logic and reason. I'm sure you'd like for me to fix the economy too so why are you trying to sabotage me by making me sign something that will ensure Obama wins again?"

Will any of them say this? Probably not. And thus, the beat goes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment