Thursday, October 11, 2012

10-11-12 Update . . . Even If It's Done on 10-12-12

Tomorrow I do my experiments with my Halloween costume to make sure it will work on me and not screw with my skin. I'm really hoping this is a go because I want to look strange and scare children. Hmm, actually I probably want to do that EVERY day . . .

Windows found it necessary to update today. This always makes me deeply nervous. The last thing I need is my computer screwing up because Windows decided to make things better. Still, I'm somewhat lucky in that I did a savepoint yesterday when I was cleaning stuff up with System Mechanic. Maybe if things go wonky, that will be my saving grace.

The Halloween party is Saturday and I'm excited about it. My BFF changed up some things and I can't wait to see what she did.  She has an amazing skill with parties. They always have a lot to them and look great.  They're never boring. I always have a very good time, even though I still tire easily.  I usually only have so many spoons for social events.

It will be the first time that anyone has seen my hair since my roommate cut it.  I have to say, I really love the change. He cut it shorter than he usually does, and I think it looks great on me. I honestly can't get enough of how cute it is. I'm totally happy with it.

Besides being wonderful for cutting my hair, I'm also deeply happy with my roommate for cluing me in on a Lovecraft poem I'd not read. "The Wood" by HP Lovecraft is short, but wonderfully haunting. It's going to give me a lot to imagine and think about.

Anyway, I think that's all for tonight. I'm going to be busy with planning tomorrow and doing the trial run on my costume. I MIGHT do pictures. I haven't decided yet. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment