Friday, October 5, 2012

Quiet and Cool

I noticed tonight my blog has had over 9000 page views. Given that I've been doing this for almost two years and have over 500 entries, it should probably be way more than that. Still, 9000 page views feels fairly impressive to me.  Tonight is the first night that everything has been turned off. No more fans. It's deeply quiet in here, which means, of course, I can hear the million other noises that are going on. Our fridge is really loud.

The fans are off because it has become both cold and wet now. It's supposed to be in the 40s tonight with a high in the mid 50s for tomorrow. I'm so happy about this. I've missed cool temps. My roommate isn't all that thrilled about closing all of the windows. I'm fine with it though. I tend to like to have more than just a screen separating me from the dark and scary world outside. I would have really sucked as a cave woman.

I love autumn so much. It's the nice, cooshy place between the horrors of summer and the horrors of winter.  I get a few months where things aren't so extreme and that is always nice. It's the farthest away I can get from summer and we all know how I feel about summer.

Anyway, short post for tonight. I'm going to go to bed and bask in the lovely feeling of soft blankets. Squee! I really love this time of year.

No comments:

Post a Comment