Sunday, October 21, 2012

Weekend Summary

For some crazy reason, it was hot today. We had to turn on the fans, which proved to be quite annoying. Stuff blew in the cats' eyes. I ended up with a sinus headache.  And all of that is nothing compared to the sound. Nothing brings back my enjoyment of the silence like having to be reminded of how stupid loud the fans are.  I just walked through the living room and turned them off. It's blissful in here again. Wow, I sound like a disgruntled old lady. "These fans ares too damns loud!" I need a cane to shake.

It was a strange weekend. One of my friends was blindsided by someone else's plans and felt stressed out about it.  I was hot and sinus-y.  Plus, Glitch was full of rook attacks today. I've started playing Glitch again (ovs), mostly because I've noticed they tend to find ways to address the places where the game goes wrong. When problems arise, they actually go out of their way to find solutions, which is deeply refreshing in a game. I mean, it shouldn't be.  If you want your game to keep people interested, it only makes sense that you would try to fix the problems. You'd be surprised how few of them do that though.

My roommate cooked several of our favorite meals this weekend, which was deeply sweet of him. Things were pretty low key in the house, other than the weird weather and the loud fans. Neither one of us really felt all that great though. I think that kept us from really trying to do too much.

I finally talked to my father. He informed me that he will be retiring next year. He's really excited about it, and that is understandable.  It's strange to think I have a parent old enough to retire though. I guess in my mind, he's still a shiftless 30something. I guess he couldn't be considering that I'm a shiftless 30something now. Though not for very much longer.

I hope I start feeling better because I have some goals for the week. There are some things that need to be happening around the house and in my writing/blog stuff that have been on hold for a while because I keep feeling so icky. Honestly, I'm shocked that I managed to do the post over my costume . .  of course, it DID take me a week to make that happen.

Anyway, here's to a productive, safe, and uneventful week. May everything work properly cause us no drama.

No comments:

Post a Comment