Saturday, October 27, 2012

Saturday Bitters

My roommate wrote about how the time change needs to go back to when it used to be. DST makes sense when we have longer days and more sunlight in the evening. During this time of year, trying to pretend like we have more sunlight later is just screwing everyone up, especially in the morning. Give me back my hour!  This is so like the government,  thinking they can manipulate time into being something that it's not. There is this rumor they did it because candy companies wanted to have more daylight for children to trick or treat. This theory falls deeply into the Whatthefuck? category . . . though it does have the ring of being too stupid NOT to be true. That could just be my own logic of bitterness.

Speaking of bitterness, I'm also bummed that the new Munsters show isn't going to get picked up. That sucks because Eddie Izzard is amazing in it. He was a brazen mix of camp, snark, and venality.  It was great. Alas, he will not grace my television from week to week and speak blithely about eating people. That's too bad, because he did it so well.

On the other hand, the election is almost upon us, meaning the election will soon be over, and that's awesome. I think it will be nice for everyone on Facebook to go back to being friends again and let go of all this political blahblah. It's really getting old.

Now I'm off to bed, to bask in the warmth of my blankets while cats purr and try to steal said warmth. Hey, at least it isn't hot anymore. For that, I am very thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment