Sunday, October 28, 2012

Strange Clothing Tales

I was in a lot of pain today. I know it is due to some changes happening in my body, but it was still very rough. I'm never quiet about pain and my roommate seemed to really enjoy listening to me hiss, whine, and call my pain evil. I'm not sure if it was the pain or other factors, but it did prompt him into asking me a question no one has ever asked me before.

"Do you have some pants that are a smaller size?"

I think I asked him to repeat the question, because at first I didn't quite understand it. Seriously, no one has ever asked me this before. No one has ever needed to because I have never been to the point where it was an issue. "Do you have any pants that are of a LARGER size, yes." Never smaller.

For the moment, I'm still in the size I've been wearing for about a decade now. Fat girl pants are designed to handle several inches once you get up to this level. I was on the high end of that for a long time. I'm starting, slowly, to find myself at the lower end of it. Right now, my pants are "roomie," but not falling off of me. A couple pair of them slip somewhat, but not falling off. Not . . . yet.

It's going to be really strange when they do. Like, really, really strange. It's probably going to freak me out a little. It will make me happy, yes. But it will also freak me out. I've been fat, like, THIS fat, for a long time now. The idea that it would change significantly enough for me to need to go down into smaller clothing is just, well to be honest, it seems unbelievable.

But I do want it to happen. I want to be at that place where I have to start wearing smaller things. I want to be at that place where I can step into the clothes I have now and know there is no way I can go out in public. I want to be able to have a wider selection of options for clothing. Oh, and I want Dr. Martins. That will take a while though.

Still, even though I am not quite there yet, I have to say this is an important milestone in my weight loss process. Being asked by someone about my options for smaller clothing is a big deal for me. This is a good night for my body revolution . . . even if I am in a lot of pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment