Tuesday, November 13, 2012

600 Posts In

As I was finishing up my posts last night, I noticed I was on post 600. It blew my mind a little, because I don't think I've ever done 600 of anything except maybe eating 600 sunflower seeds in one setting. The idea that I've stuck with this blog long enough to do 600 posts is astounding. And yes, I know I say that every time I reach some blog milestone. Seriously, I'm always shocked when I hit one. I've really stuck with it for this long. Wow.

Another milestone happened for me today as well. I had my first day of actually feeling fear over the idea of my clothes sliding off of me. They're not totally lose yet, but they are so, so getting there. Hah!

You know, for the first time in a long while, I'm actually excitedly curious about how my life will be at 1200 posts in.  How much weight loss will there be? How much alteration in my life? Will I be more successful? Will there be zombies? Will I maybe have enough weight gone to run from the zombies?

I guess the point is that I actually feel like I'm finally starting to pull myself out of the hole my life had fallen into. I'm starting to really feel changes in my outlook and see changes in my body. I'm starting to walk better and stronger and have routines that I somewhat really stick to. Of course, it took me almost 40 years to get to this point, but hey! At least I'm here.

More than anything, I feel very grateful. I feel so grateful that I have the blog, that I have therapy, that I have friends who truly support me, and that I have had the courage to really invest in my well-being and future.

I'm also thankful for spell check because I have really screwed up so many words in this post. You don't even want to know how my brain kept trying to spell 'courage.' I think it was even cougar a couple of times . . . which is fitting, I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment