Wednesday, November 14, 2012

We Were About to Win the Game

Sigh. I was having a pretty good day until logged onto Glitch and found out it was closing. It seems that what is truly the best game on the internet failed to grow as quickly as it needed to or make as much money as it needed to in order to survive. This is really, truly, deeply sad. I loved Glitch and I loved the way they structured the game. I loved the interaction with other players and the way it truly did stimulate a very fun part of my imagination. I'm going to miss it so much.

That's actually putting it mildly. I'm just heartbroken about this.  There are so many screwed up, crappy games out there that survive and here was this one, that had a great story line, never got boring, hired wonderful support staff, did fun things, always improved itself, and did everything RIGHT  . . . and now it's going to be gone.

But now it's all going to be gone. They said they have tried everything they could to make it continue, but they just can't make it work. I feel really heartsick over this. The people who worked for Tiny Speck have a lot of talent and maybe they'll find a way to start another type of game soon. Goodbye, Glitch. I really loved you.

No comments:

Post a Comment