Thursday, January 10, 2013

A Good Day

Today was a big day for me. My best friend came to pick me up so I could spend the day with her. On the way out to the car, I noticed she was staring at me. I assumed I had my shirt pulled up to where my bra was showing or something. My guess was once I got in the car, she'd tell me she had to see boob and so did everyone else in the neighborhood.

Instead, she looked at me and smiled. "Ermagerd, you're really loosing weight now. Like it really shows."

My roommate can tell, but he lives with me.  The changes are something he witnesses every day. My therapist could tell, but, again, she sees me fairly often (except for this last month. I seriously haven't been to therapy in a month. I'm sure it shows in my posts. But I digress .  . .) However, I am now to the point where the fact that I am making changes in my body are very visible to everyone. And that, oh my brothers and sisters, is awesome.

You know we're ten days into the new year. I have an old cat who is just teetering around. I have plumbing that just seems on the verge of wonking out. I've already spent over $100.00 on the stupid car. It's not boding well for the year in terms of how things will go for me. However, progress is being made. Things are physically going better for me. My body is responding to the positive choices I'm making and there are real, tangible results.

It's good to know the work you put into something can actually do what it is supposed to. It's good to know that making the decisions to alter things about your behavior can pay off. In the depths of my depression, I really didn't believe that was possible, at least not for me. Part of me still doesn't. Part of me questions how and why this is even happening. Part of me even doubts that it is.

I'm trying my best to quiet those doubts though and just enjoy this. People can tell. That is awesome. And as a side benefit, I wasn't flashing the neighborhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment