Tuesday, January 1, 2013

The 2013 Plan

One of my Facebook friends linked to 30 Handmade Days and this blog post. I love the idea so much that it will be how I focus my New Year's goals. It's a fairly simple plan, but I think it gives a bit more insight into what people want and how to achieve that. I thought I would do the whole thing here so that I could go back to it from time to time when I forget about it. I sometimes do that.

The Project.

You do a list of certain things that allow you to frame your year.

One word: This word will serve as the focus for your year, the concept behind everything that you're trying to achieve. When making decisions, you go with whatever promotes your word.
Want: These are the things you truly want during the year. They don't have to be material things.
Need: These are things that need to happen, maybe not the things you want, but still need.
Share: The concept behind this is that goals shouldn't just be about us. What are we willing to share with others?
Succeed: This is for concrete goals.

I like the plan because it's not the usual vague list of possible goals that may or may not happen. It has some emotional weight to it, some thought behind it, and tangible reasons for why certain things should happen.

And so . . .

THE BLACKHAIRED BARBIE LIST FOR 2013.

MY WORD FOR 2013: 


Forward.  You know, a lot of dictators use this word to lead their people. I guess that's a good sign for me. In all seriousness, 'forward' is my focus word because a lot of the things I want to do with my life have already begun. They're not concepts waiting on some shelf to be pulled down at the proper moment. They are happening. I just need to keep marching towards that mountain.

THE THINGS I WANT:

1. I want to be in a safe and healthy place.

2. I want to appreciate the blessings I've been given.
3. I want to let go of anything that is chaining me to the past or keeping me from living in the moment.

THE THINGS I NEED:


1. I need to be more sure of myself.
2. I need to trust myself more.
3. I need to make decisions that move me forward.
4. I need to let go of fear.

THE THINGS I WILL SHARE:

1. My life is an ongoing experiment. I'll share my results.

2. I'll share my humor.
3. I'll share my capacity for encouragement.
4. I'll share my time for those who need to talk.

I WILL SUCCEED IN:

1. Thirty minutes of movement per day.

2. Continuous analysis of eating habits.
3. Finishing knitting projects.
4. Addressing a health issue and finding a way to have it handled.

Anyway, that's the plan for the year.  I know what I need and want. I have some plans to get there. Most of all, I know which direction I want to go. Hello, new year. Let's see what we can accomplish.

No comments:

Post a Comment