Thursday, January 17, 2013

Milestone

Tomorrow I shall be making my first official purchase of something in a smaller size. Up to this point, I've managed to keep wearing the same stuff, though I do have to admit that things have started to slip off. As much fun as it would be to flash the world, I suspect that might be illegal and don't have the money to pay fines. Instead, I'm going to keep wearing the stuff as long as I can and replace stuff only when I absolutely can't keep it on anymore.

It's a small item. It isn't something as significant as a shirt or pants. It is, however, the first size down purchase and I am damned proud of that. I suspect that when I have them in my hands, I may just cry a little, because it is a physical symbol of the months I've been working out, trying to make better food choices, and giving a lot of thought to how and why I make the decisions that I do.

This isn't a perfect system. I still have issues with certain foods and certain habits. Working out is still on an 'as I feel like it' basis. Intellectually, I know that the places where I am lax will only hold for so long. It's really only working now because I have so much weight to lose. However, as more weight goes, more changes will be made. Weight loss is an ever-evolving process for me. It is my puzzle to solve.

Missteps aside, tomorrow is a day of victory. It is a major day of victory and as far as I am concerned, an important day in my life. I'm finally starting to reverse the damage. I feel very good about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment