Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Gloomy Lovely Days

Today was the kind of winter day I like. Gloomy, dark, and wet. Okay, I wasn't THAT thrilled with the wet part, but I'll take it if it means I get gloomy and dark as well. I love me some overcast skies. When the sky is overcast, I feel protected and secure. There isn't all that sun and looming blue infinity out there. Gray is better.

Read/watched some tutorials on how to purl on the knitting board. I tried it and it looks so awkward. It will get better though. Speaking of improvement. I walked all the way across the parking lot at the mechanic's to get Rabbit Killer. I was out of breath, but I didn't feel like I was dying. It was a very nice feeling to have.

There may be some pollyanna stuff on the blog for a while. Things are not going that great and, honestly, I think the only way I'm going to be able to cope with it is to just concentrate on whatever small bits of good are happening as all the crapstorm is happening as well.

Anyway, cutting this post short. It's been a long day and I have a long day tomorrow. Actually, it's been a long week and I'm ready for it to be over. And then I want a week of peace and knitting. Oh yes, I really want that.

No comments:

Post a Comment