Friday, February 28, 2014

Goodbye, Second Month

It looks like we have one more nasty bit of winter hitting us before the season ends. I'm less emotional about this than I would have been a month ago. Do your last dance, winter. Your season is almost over. Time to move on.  February is over and it was less horrible than January. I managed to live mostly free of bleeding and had a wonderful time with my friends. My strength is returning and I'm starting to feel a little bit more normal. I'm not going to let my guard down. The chain is still there and I know it's still there. Still, it was nice to be able to spend a few hours reading GRRM theories instead of spending those same hours wondering if I was going to bleed to death.

This month, I can hopefully make an appointment with a gyno and settle my options for how to deal with my uterus. If NovaSure is a possibility, it is the route I want to take. If not, hello hysterectomy! That won't be fun, but it will be over. Being over is better than what went on in January. I'll be recovering for a while, but I'll manage. Still, my hope is for the NovaSure. It's a far easier process.

March is often a stressful month for us. It is the anniversary month of when my grandmother died. It is the month that fleas begin to try and cause problems. It is the month when grass starts to overtake the yard. It's also the month we have to do paperwork for the government. We know how to tackle these things. We have plans for them. They can still cause a lot of agitation, especially since we're both operating under the stress of health issues and complications.

Still, leaving the hell of this winter will be nice. I'm ready to be warm. I know I'll complain about the heat when it gets here, but I've missed being warm and I think everyone else has too. It's time to be warm again. We all need that.

No comments:

Post a Comment