Thursday, February 6, 2014

The New Hat and Other Progress

I wanted a new, warm, winter hat. I wanted it to be mostly black. I also knew I didn't want it to be completely black. I tried to work with some blue yarn but this just wasn't giving me what I wanted. I wasn't even sure what it was that I wanted, but finally settled on something from Claire's. With that in mind, I pulled out my pink yarn and did a couple of lines of bobble. As you can see from the picture, it's a little wonky. I probably needed a couple of more defined lines above and below the bobble line. It would also look better with just one line of bobble and pink, nearer to the bottom, though not as low as the second line. Still, even though I'm not 100% happy with the results, I still like the hat and now have an ultra warm/Claire'sesque hat to wear in this bitterly cold weather.

And the weather has been so horribly cold. It snowed all day, which means all the snow, ice, and other dangerous crap that is lurking in my driveway didn't go anywhere. This wouldn't be so bad except I am lacking in every bit of grace and still face a lot of strength issues. Any trip outside has been an absolute nightmare. I'm breathless and shaking after even the littlest time out there. Tomorrow we're going shopping and past that, I plan on staying in the house all weekend and not going outside once. I hope my plan goes the way I want it to.

Despite the cold and the fatigue, I went to see my best friend today. We hung out at her house until the snow got too ambitious and my roommate came to get me. We had a good time and it was important for me to get out of the house for a while. It's good for me to get back to my normal activities, even if they exhaust me right now. The more I do them, the stronger I'll get. At least, this is my theory.

I'm hoping for better sleep tonight. Last night I was deliciously warm and woke up having a damned hot flash. Seriously? The main thing I need right now is sleep and my stupid body can't keep its stupid chemicals under control long enough for me to even get that? Bitch body. Leave me alone. Just finish menopausing already.

No comments:

Post a Comment