Monday, July 6, 2015

Acts of Kindness

My sister-in-law's friend's son is having a lot of expensive health issues and the family doesn't have the money to cover them. They've had no choice but to ask for donations.

Today, my sister-in-law did a charity auction for them. She auctioned off fried pies every hour for about ten hours. She did this all on her own. She managed the auction, she cooked the pies, and she'll be delivering them. Every cent she made will be going to the family. The woman with the sick child watched the auction and expressed her gratitude and sense of awe over what happened. I don't blame her. When health issues happen, someone doing nice things for us can make such a difference. I know it did when I was dealing with my cancer.

I'm very proud of my SIL. She's an amazing woman and I am so fortunate to have her as part of my family.  She not only helped these people financially, but her generosity will probably be one of the bright spots for them on dark days.

No comments:

Post a Comment