Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Openness

Last night's post was very difficult to write. I felt really vulnerable afterward and a big cringy about the whole thing. Even after a year and understanding why the process had to happen, it still feels a bit nightmarish to remember how hopeless I felt at that time.

Sometimes it's hard to come onto the blog and be open about things. I do it because I know how important this process has been to reclaiming both my writing voice and also my sense of self. It also helps me to keep track of things and as I age, I'm going to need that more and more.

 The writing is going well, which is to say I'm keeping up with it and making my daily totals. The story seems to have a reasonable plot and so far I'm happy with things. I'll be out most of tomorrow though, so I should try to get some extra writing done before I go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment