Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Cats and SIL

I'm going to have coffee with my sister-in-law in the morning. It's the first time I've seen her in a while. I've intended to, but she's busy and you know I'm rather anti-social so things often don't work for us. I'm excited about it though.

My sister-in-law and I don't have much in common, but I admire her a great deal. She's organized and somehow keeps track of the very busy life she leads. She tends to be positive and she loves my niece and nephew a great deal. She's giving them a good life and I think that's glorious. She also accepts me for all my weirdness and quirks. That means a lot.

It was hot again today. Hotter than it has been. That's probably the way of things for the rest of the month. I'm not happy about that. It means our electric average is going to go up for this year, but it can't be helped. It's been going down for a few years now, but there's no way we could survive this kind of heat. It's rough on us and rough on the cats.

Speaking of the cats, Ms. Tinkerbell found the AC today. She now spends some time up on the blanket chest beside it, which means she's spending time near me. I can pretend she's there because she likes me. It's not true, but I can pretend.

No comments:

Post a Comment