Friday, September 11, 2015

Clutter

I have this shelf in my room where I keep my CDs. Yes, I still have CDs out . . . or I did. I had to put them up because the cat knocked the whole shelf down. I realized I'd  not listened to any of them in ages (mp3 player and YouTube keep me happy) and there was no point in keeping them out.

As I was packing them up, I looked at each CD and smiled at it. These are albums I absolutely love. Every one of those CDs has brought me hours of happiness. And now they're packed away with stray cassette mixtapes I can't force myself to get rid of. I still have some vinyl too. I might as well pack them because they never get any play. Technology has rendered my music into memories and clutter.

On an interesting note, I found this ball of yarn I'd tossed into a basket a few years ago. It's a dark bluish gray and thick. Water or something got on it and over the years it has created a bleached out area that looks like a rust stain. This is going to be one great hat!

No comments:

Post a Comment