Friday, September 4, 2015

Heat and Hate

I am not liking the start of September. It's hot as hell again and after a mild August, it's been very rough on me. I'm miserable and sweaty and I kind of hate all the things right now. We had to run errands in the middle of the afternoon and it was awful. We weren't even out that long, but by the time I got to the house again, I had to force myself out of the van. I've basically been tired since then. We should be back in the 80s next week. I really want that.

I find myself posting a bit more on Facebook lately. I think I'm mainly doing this to try to offset all the politics and fighting. It seems like people keep getting more and more divided, angrier, and more willing to attack each other, both on Facebook and in real life. Division isn't making us stronger.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised. There is a lot of fear out there. Some people fear change. Some people fear things staying as bad for them as they always have been. Some people are just freaked out about their current state of economics. With fear driving us, what can we expect but a lot of fights.

In the midst of this, I'll posting pics of cats and Halloween ideas. I'm watching videos about craft projects and those nifty designs you can make with pancake batter. I'm sure some people would find that shallow, but then again, I don't go to Facebook to talk about serious matters. It just isn't my cup of tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment