Friday, September 25, 2015

Walking Away

There is a movement among men now to live their lives in a way where they avoid women as much as possible. They say they do this in a response to their anger at feminism. Typically any time women gain more rights, there are men who react this way. I'm going to talk about this and I want you to understand that nothing I'm going to say is meant as snide or sarcastic.

Not that they care what I think (because I'm a woman), but I am perfectly fine with this choice. One of the problems I've always had with misogynists is that while they hate women, they still seemed to want us around. These people may dislike women, but at least they're not trying to involve us in the matter. I think that's far less horrible than the people who want to trick, force, or legally bind us into submission.

Beyond that, I'm not going to fault these people for having problems with specific women. I don't know their histories or what has happened to them. Women can be cruel, just as men can be cruel. As humans, it's something we're all capable of. People sometimes have such horrible experiences with people of the other gender that they really can't stand to be near any of them.

Besides, I'm someone who has organized her life in such a way that unless it's a family member or the husband of a close friend, I basically avoid all straight men. During my childhood, I had to deal with quite a few of them that caused me a lot of harm.  I don't enjoy the energy that most of them bring into situations. All in all, my life is better without them. There are some exceptions, but those are very few.

That isn't to say that I hate them. I don't wish death on all of them. I don't want them  to be abused by society or the government. I hope that, in general, they have nice and fulfilling lives where they are happy, loved, and safe.  I just mostly want them to do that somewhere far away from me.

So yeah, as far as I am concerned if these men wish to live their lives with as little contact with women as possible, so be it. If this can be done in a peaceful way where no one is harmed (and it can be done), then new patterns of society may be found. Who knows? We might actually see same-sex marriages between people who are otherwise heterosexual but find companionship and family with people of their own gender.

No comments:

Post a Comment