Thursday, September 24, 2015

Project Progress

Holiday project is going well. If I decide to stick to the pattern's size, I'll be finished tomorrow. Otherwise, it will end up being Saturday. The pattern is complicated, but it's also a lot of fun. Honestly, this is the most fun I've ever had working on a crochet project. It's been really great. Once I'm finished with this, I have a couple more things to do for my holiday stuff and then I'm going to work on a few Christmas gifts. Past that, I'll tackle that jacket.

Have I put the jacket off? Yes, I totally did. I was supposed to start it last weekend, but last weekend got really stressful because of the computer issues. Working on the jacket required more created spoons than I possessed. I was going to have to adapt a pattern and I just didn't have that in me. The project I worked on instead, while complex, is already planned out. All I had to do was follow instructions.

Kinda beta of me, huh? You know what? I do not care. People get so obsessed striving to be the alpha. Whatever. Alphas are very, very few and far between. And honestly, all of us have moments, depending in the situations, of being the alpha from time to time. Other times, we fill other roles and other places. Why be resentful of the moments when you just follow the instructions and let your mind have some rest? Sometimes it's nice just to let your hands work while your mind is healing.

No comments:

Post a Comment