Friday, June 9, 2017

And the Rest is Drag

As you may know, I've basically handled my pain over losing the cats by obsessively watching makeup tutorials and stuff about drag queens. I think my favorite Youtube show right now is Transformations with James St. James because it combines both of these obsessions. Usually, everyone who comes on IS a drag queen and they put makeup on James. It's excellent.

While James does have a lot of RPDR queens on the show, he also looks for up and coming talent and I like that because it's given me a chance to see new talent. There are quite a few people I hope will be on Drag Race in the next few years. Right now I think some of them are too young (you have to be 21) but in a way, that's good because it will give them more time to hone their talents.

I love that the show is inspiring more and more people to see this as a viable profession. It expands and evolves the artform. It's also ensuring that it won't disappear and I'm glad of that. The world needs drag.

No comments:

Post a Comment