Friday, June 23, 2017

No More Tears: An Eye Tutorial







Now you'll notice on my first picture, which is the finished result, I have on a false lash. Now some people with sensitive eyes can't do false lashes, but for me, they're kind of a godsend. They solve the issue of me having such stunted natural lashes in the first place, add a nice level of glamour, and make up for the fact that I can't wear mascara and most of the time can't handle eyeliner.

Other tips for sensitive eyes and makeup:

  • Put eye drops in about 30 minutes before you apply your makeup. It usually takes them about that long to really be effective.
  • Try to use things with as little scent as possible. Sometimes this isn't an option, but it certainly helps.
  • If you can, try and experiment with different brands of makeup. There may be some that you can actually use without too many problems. You may need to use ones with certain ingredients or the lack of certain chemicals. 
  • Some people say that creams work better for them than powders when it comes to having sensitive eyes. That hasn't been the case for me, but it's worth testing to see if it might work for you.

Seriously though, when it comes to eye makeup, the struggle is real for anyone with watery eyes. It can get really frustrating and sometimes it seems like the best option is to just assume it isn't meant to be for you. But if you love painting like I do, it's worth the time to experiment around and see if something works. I hope you try my method and if it does work for you, please drop me a message. If you have other tips, I'd love to hear those as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment