Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Plumper Review: Hard Candy

The second most highly reviewed of the low-end lip plumpers belonged to Hard Candy. My roommate bought me two lip products from this company. One is a lip treatment and the other is a plumping gloss.

The Hard Candy Blooming Lip Oil is basically a product for chapped lips. It's six dollars at Walmart. This product claims to drench your lips well for at least ten hours and keep them supple and free from drying out. It also goes on clear but then alters in color depending on the ph of your body chemistry. For me, that is always an interesting thing. I was half-expecting it to turn purple. It didn't. I got a kind of bright pink that I kind of like and kind of don't. It does, however, last quite a long while and does keep the lips nice and happy.

The next product was the Hard Candy Plumping Serum Volumizing Lip Gloss. It's also a six dollar purchase. Now, unlike the e.l.f. product that I reviewed yesterday, this plumper goes on without too much tingling. Some people have told me they don't like this about plumpers because if it doesn't hurt, it's probably not working.  The gloss is more subtle than the other plumper products, but I think it works well enough for an evening. It stays on well and the color that I have is sweet. I later got the clear version and it works well too.

So there you have it, some lip plumpers for not a lot of expense. Now, will they last as long as the higher end products? I'll keep tabs on that and report back when I run out.

No comments:

Post a Comment