Tuesday, June 20, 2017

June Box: Skincare Items

One of the things I'm enjoying about the Sephora boxes is the variety of product. During both months, I've gotten skin care products. This shows a clear level of priority because skin care is fundamental when it comes to beauty. They're sending me haircare stuff too, but we'll talk about that tomorrow. Anyway, on to our primers.

The first one is  First Aid Beauty Hello FAB Coconut Skin Smoothie Priming Moisturizer. It costs  28$ when bought at regular cost. Smoothie is a good term here, as this is mostly a mix of things you could actually eat. The product contains coconut water infused with electrolytes, amino acids, and phytonutrients. This is to bring nourishment and hydration to the skin. This is also quinoa, used to protect and strengthen the skin's surface. All of our food items combine with mircopearls that add a shimmer.

Somehow, the combination of all of this does the best thing ever. It makes the product smell like sweet tarts! It's an absolute delight to put on. Even better, despite the sweet smell, it doesn't seem to cause any eye irritation. Now while this product is used as a primer, many people use it as their daily foundation. It covers just enough to give the skin a great glow and hide most issues. It makes my nose look amazing.

I would absolutely pay for this product. It smells wonderful, it looks good, and it feels like nothing is on your skin. I'm enjoying it immensely and will certainly miss it when it's gone.

The next product is The Porefessional Face Primer by Benefit Cosmetics.  Grammarly is hating the name of it and I hate the name of it too. It's cutesy, but . . . no.  This product costs 31$. This primer claims to do a lot of stuff. This product is a balm that has the primary purpose of reducing the appearance of pores. It also claims to minimize the look of any fine lines on the face and help makeup to last longer by being applied over the makeup throughout the day.

When it came to handling pores, it did fine. That is the main function of the product and it succeeded. It reduces the pronounced line I have on my forehead. I could still see it, but it wasn't as obvious. I think I was most impressed by that. Moreover, it feels very lightweight and doesn't add to the overall thickness of the makeup.

Would I pay 31$ for it? Probably not. Now again, this is just me. A lot of people swear by Benefit Cosmetics and love the way their products combine. This is my first experience with them and I may feel differently when I've had more exposure.

When it comes to the theme of the month, I certainly see now these two products fit. Both of them are so lightweight that any summer makeup is going to be easier to handle when you use them. The first one, especially, works as a summer product because not only can it be used all on its own, the glow it gives you is just grand.

No comments:

Post a Comment