Monday, June 26, 2017

Plumper Review: e.l.f.

As you know by now, the makeup I get from Sephora is usually out of my price range on a day to day basis. Sure, I can handle the subscription price, but the actual products are out of my range, and out of the range of a lot of people on a budget. With that in mind, I decided to review some of the more affordable products out there. Today we're going to look at lip plumpers.

I researched the best plumpers under 5 bucks and ended up purchasing the two with the best reviews. The first is e.l.f.'s Lip Primer & Plumper that retails for around 3 dollars. This product is actually a better bargain because it not only has the plumper I wanted but also a lip primer. This company tends to get a lot of great comments from people, even those who use more expensive things. In terms of low-end cosmetics, e.l.f is one of the best companies out there.

The product is easy to open and both sides are clearly labeled. This may not seem like a big deal, but as someone who constantly guesses wrong on which side of her contouring stick she's opening, having things clearly marked is a plus. Little things like that make all the difference in terms of mood. The primer is great. It gives a nice even base for anything else you might want to do with your lips.

I wasn't too happy with the plumper at first because it stings like a bastard, but when I read the instructions on how to use it, I realized that I'd made a mistake with it. It says to apply the primer first and let that dry before adding the plumper. It also cautions to apply lipstick or some other base coat before putting the plumper on. I didn't do this. I put it straight on my lips with no barrier between. When I tried it again, I did it the proper way. It's still intense for a bit, but not as much as it was all naked.

The results were good. It worked well and lasted for quite a while. I also like that it smells like cinnamon. Overall, this is a pretty impressive product.

No comments:

Post a Comment