Sunday, June 18, 2017

Cats Ghosts and Otherwise

Thankfully it finally rained this morning and cooled down. We're sitting at the high 60s right now, which means I'll probably get the best sleep I've had in days. The internet and the power were knocked out a number of times but always flicked back on. I'm thankful for that as well. I slept so poorly the last few nights that when I napped earlier, my sleep was so deep it just felt painful when I woke up. Tonight should be easier though.

My roommate and I still talk about the cats who have died. We pretend they are with us as ghosts who pull pranks and cause trouble. Yes, we know they're not really there, but pretending their ghosts continue on with us affords us a kind of comfort. The imagination is intensively healing and I think people should use it more often, even if just in play and over nonsense.

Speaking of cats, a new orange one (yes, a living one) has been showing up on the porch. Today my roommate was out there talking to him, all the while being judged by Tinkerbell the inside cat (who glared) and an irate Mockingbird (who cuss/squawked). He threw both of them some shade as he sweet talked the orange cat. It was really funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment