Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Damage

I'm not mistaken, I think the weatherman said we'd been under freezing for about 80 hours now. It's pretty awful. I'm cold. The roommate is cold. The cat is cold. Stray cat spent the night inside again.

Actually, she isn't even a stray. She belongs to Old Drunk Neighbor who had to move in with his even older parents for who knows why. They wouldn't let him keep her inside so she wandered the neighborhood. He's gone for weeks at a time so she never has any support from him. Her name is Millie, but if she becomes our cat full time, I've decided her name is really Camilla.

Right now I'm hoping she'll forget about him and about being an outside cat and just stay in with us. I tried not to get attached to her, but I have. I wish addicts, flakes, and people with anger management issues would stop trying to have pets . . . or children  . . . or lovers . . . or friends, really. People with those issues should just concentrate on either feeding their monsters or getting rid of them and leave everyone else alone. No one deserves your damage.

Speaking of damage, and of the cold, I'm trying to loom up some footwarmers. They wouldn't really be socks because socks are more complex than when I'm doing here. This is just an added layer of protection to maybe help me from getting more chilblains. Right now my toes look pretty bad.

It's supposed to be slightly warmer tomorrow. A big ol' 30 or so!! I'm looking forward to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment