Saturday, January 13, 2018

The Transition Period

This is the first day Millie didn't leave the house. Last night she slept on my roommate's bed and today she wandered around, got into things, and caused some chaos. It's something we have to be patient about. She's still a kitten. This means she will probably adapt to us easier than the grumpy old adult cats did, but at the same time, she's going to run around and get into things.

One of the things Millie likes the most is the older cat. Tinkerbell is still not happy about it. In fact, I suspect Tink is sad. I think she's worried she'll get overlooked for the new cat and that is not the case. I would reassure her if I could, but she doesn't like me. My roommate is doing all he can, but she's also pretty pissed off right now and can get growly at him when she remembers he's the one who let Millie into the house.

Assuming Millie decides to really stay, this could mean my household is going through a new transition. Instead of being two middle-aged people and one old cat we will be two middle-aged people, one old cat, and one very much younger cat. It's like we'd only somewhat accepted the idea of being just two people and one cat after losing my babies, Rhiannon and Rowan, last year. Now we have this possible new kitty in our lives. We'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment