Sunday, January 21, 2018

Warm

Today it warmed up, possibly more than it should have. It stormed and we were under a tornado watch for a while. It was muggy. Honestly, though, I did not care. I've been freezing for days and this was a break from it. I took advantage of this.

For one thing, I showered for a nice, long time. It's been so cold in my bathroom that showers have been quick and practical. I would just get myself as clean as possible and hope that in the meantime, I didn't damage my skin more than I already had. Today, I was able to take a longer shower, let my body relax, and do a hair mask. It was wonderful.

I'm also in shorts and have nothing on my feet. I'm a naked foot kind of person and having to wear socks and slippers for days and days was really getting to me. My toes are still rather battered from the chilblains, but at least they're healing. I lotioned them and let them just be free for a while.

This is the most human I've felt in weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment