Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Arm of Scars

The wound on my arm is almost healed. The deepest part of it is taking the longest, but I guess that shouldn't be surprising. When I fell, that part instantly turned blue. The damage was a lot deeper than in the surrounding tissue. It's going to leave a scar, which will be the fourth scar I have on this arm.

I have one on my ring finger from dropping a weight on said finger when I was 4. I ended up in the ER for that and got my first stitches. I have a scar on my forearm from trying to bathe a cat. I didn't go to the ER that time, though I probably should have. The cut was deep. And of course, my whole upper arm has a scar from when they removed the lipoma.

Now I'll have a new scar near my elbow, round(ish) this time instead of a line. It will be my lasting reminder of this fall and my lasting reminder of the consequences of trying to keep my feet warm in this godawful cold house. But hey, at least my arm wasn't broken.

No comments:

Post a Comment