Thursday, March 29, 2018

One Year Later

A year ago today was a very frightening and lonely day for me. My roommate was in the hospital, we were still reeling from the death of Rhiannon, and a lot of stuff was up in the air. I wasn't the sick one, so I'm sure the day was harder for him by a long shot. For me, it was just a lot of having to force myself to focus on tasks and not let my mind wander about things I couldn't control.

Today was very different. My roommate is not on the verge of death. We were in the city and had a good time. He'd picked me up from visiting my best friend. We've lost another cat, Rowan, but gained our little Millie. Things feel better.

For about the last couple of weeks, I've been, for me, very balanced where my anxiety is concerned. Even my Depression has been on a downswing. It's been nice.

I am thankful my roommate survived.
I am thankful he is part of my life.
I am thankful Camilla found her way to us.
I am thankful for the tulips in the yard.

No comments:

Post a Comment