Sunday, March 25, 2018

Human Worth

The big protest against assault weapons happened this weekend so of course, my FB page is full of people arguing about it. I have no problem with people having handguns and the like. I do have a problem with people vilifying teenagers who were shot at. I've been snoozing people all day.

Later I read this article about Brendan Fraser and how broken, literally, the movie industry had left him. It's a good article, well written and very sad. I wish the man well and I hate that the person who messed with him is being such a bastard about it.

We keep having to have this conversation, this argument, this war about the value of a person. There are enough resources for everyone, but we deny certain people access to them because we value money and power over others. We value our sense of safety over others. We value our momentary pleasure over others. It's wrong.

I've not seen the third Mummy movie Fraser talked about where he was in so much pain, and now I'm not sure if I should. This man was in constant agony while shooting this movie but kept going because he felt he had no choice. It's heartbreaking. Like I said I wish him well.

No comments:

Post a Comment