Saturday, March 24, 2018

Spring in Oklahoma

We're in that part of the year when we're leaving Last of Winter and heading into Awful Sinus Hell for a few weeks before Could Possibly Flood all the Roads begins. Somewhere in the midst of that, we also have tornado season, well the first one.

I got my last box from Sephora in. This one had purple lipstick that I rather like, but as you'll notice, I've not blogged about them in a while. I don't know why I stopped, I just did. I do know why I'm ending the subscription. I am somewhat overwhelmed with makeup right now. Samples last a lot longer than you'd think.

I'm glad I did it. I learned a lot. I distracted myself from the grief. I needed that and now I don't think I do.

Anyway, I do encourage people to do the same thing. Maybe not order makeup to experiment with, but perhaps something else you are curious about, something that will distract you from your pain. I know many people believe you should confront grief head on, but let's be practical here. You still have to live You still have to get to sleep. You still have to function.  Distraction is sometimes the best of medicines.

No comments:

Post a Comment