Thursday, March 15, 2018

Reflections on RPDR All Stars 3

The race is over again. I'm happy for who won and I understand why she did. That aside, I wanted to reflect on some thoughts I had during the season. I'd also like to point out that I wasn't really happy with the pacing of this season. We had a lot of the same kind of challenges over and over again, which didn't really reflect on the range of talents we find in the queens who competed.

I believe the person I was most impressed with was Aja. Aja took every mistake she made in her regular season and turned it around. I never felt like she did poorly, even when she was eliminated, I felt like it was the wrong choice. She impressed me more than anyone else and was the person who should have come back into the game.

I believe some people just don't translate well to this competition. Milk and Thorgy are talented but I don't think their brand of talent works well for Drag Race. The energy is wrong. Outside of it, they're probably great. On television, they just don't shine the way others do.

Most of all, I think that the key to winning a competition like this is viewing every challenge as a gift. Even if you don't like it, even if it seems hard, even if you have no clue as to what to do, you really have to just see it as a gift and go with it with that in mind. It's the best way to get through.

No comments:

Post a Comment