Monday, February 24, 2020

Art Experiment

Today I did my test run of the art project. I'm glad I did this before I started working on the project I really want to do because I learned quite a lot of stuff. I also made quite a few mistakes, though some of them turned out to work in my favor.

One of the main things I'll need to do is test my pieces before I work on them. I used an ink drawing I did when I was a teen on this test project and it ran quite a lot. In the end, I liked the effect, however, I do not want that happening with my other pieces. I need to test and make sure that won't be a problem. If it is, I'm sure someone else has had the problem before and I can research ways around it.

I also figured out I need more clean space. I was working on a tray table, but my access to my desk was limited because of things I had piled on there. I need to make sure I don't pile stuff on there when I do this again because I need room for my equipment. I probably need a plastic bag or something to rest my brushes on. It might even be easier if I find an old plate or messed up piece of Tupperware to pour some of the glue on so that I'm not constantly dipping from the bottle and running the risk of dropping it.

I think I also need some back support. I have an old reading pillow I can probably use to prop behind me. By the end, I was getting tired and the other piece I'll be doing is far larger.

However, this was a lot of fun. I enjoyed it and I look forward to seeing what I can do next.

No comments:

Post a Comment