Saturday, February 22, 2020

The Unexpected Trip

So today we got the rest of the stuff out of the closet. I had even MORE hair curlers from the 80s in there. All of that is getting tossed. Seriously, two boxes of hair stuff. And none of it ever made my hair curl properly. None of it. I wonder how much time, energy, and HOPE I wasted trying to get my hair to curl.

Anyway.....

Once everything was out of the closet, my roommate noticed there was a large gap between the closet wall and the actual wall, thus solving the mysteries of why my room was so cold and how mice were getting inside the house. So even though we did not plan on leaving the house today, we found we had to so that supplies to fix the gap could be purchased. We also bought some art stuff for me. More on that later.

Once the closet was properly fixed, my roommate installed a curtain. I was against the curtain idea at first. I always hated them as a kid. My roommate pointed out that I needed to access the closet though because part of the problem with the closet was that the stuff I had over it before was basically keeping me from using the space. There was logic to this, so I agreed to the curtain.

I'm not mad about how it turned out, actually. I asked him to get a black curtain because I knew that would contrast nicely with all of the white lines. I also knew he would get one that was plain and straight, which would keep it looking streamlined.

He did that stuff for me and I cleaned the shelving unit that lives in the closet. It was deeply nasty. I also vacuumed in there and around the area.

The top of the closet will hold blankets and whatever else we can put up there that is needed but not often. The bottom of the closet will hold things I really DO need to keep in storage, plus my little vacuum and some other cleaning things I wanted to keep in the front of the house.

It's really going to function more as like a hall closet or a utility closet than a bedroom one, but I really didn't need closet space for my clothing as I don't really wear things that need to be hangers. At my size, hangers don't really work with my clothes anyway. 

So yeah, more stuff was purchased, but it was stuff that we really had no way around.

Also, I have to admit that my vision for how the bedroom would eventually look is having to change. The curtain, removing some furniture, finding some unexpected elements for art, and other changes are guiding it in a new direction. I'm completely okay with that. It's actually neat that it's evolving in ways I didn't know would happen. In the end, I think I'll be more satisfied with it because of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment