Saturday, February 15, 2020

Paper

So in Marie Kondo's organizing style, Paper is its own category. Like everything else, she gives people a full week to go through their papers. I didn't quite grasp why this had to happen until I started going through my own.

Ugggh. Paper really does take forever. You have to look at every piece of it to see if it's still important. You may have paper from 30 years ago sitting around in your house. There will be pictures and cards and notes and so much paper. It's a mess.

I'm having to force myself to keep any pictures of me. I hate them. Not because I think I look ugly in them. It's more that I just kind of loathe who I was at that time. It's hard to focus on the good points about me when the hell I was going through or the stupid crushes or the cringy behavior was just so massive. I tossed out memory books and stuff like that too. I just don't want that in my life.

Hopefully the paper will be finished in LESS than a week. We'll see. I think there will be massive purging here.

No comments:

Post a Comment