Thursday, February 13, 2020

The Bed

The Bed is here. It is in its place and made. It ended up being a lot of drama and hassle to make that happen. Everything that could have gone wrong, did. It was a deeply stressful day. However, for the first time in about 12 years, I have a new bed.

That bed leaves with my deepest gratitude. It saw me through some of the scariest nights of my life. It certainly saw me through the most painful nights of my life. That bed held me as I recovered from surgery and kept me alive as I almost bled to death.

It needed to go. It was broken and wires were jutting out of it. Still, it was a companion in dark times. I am truly thankful for it.

As is the case with any major purchase and the end of any phase of a project, my feelings are mixed. The elation I felt two days ago has faded. Now I just kind of feel raw and scared. I wonder if anything I'm doing is really worth doing. I'm sure that will abate. I just feel down right now. Tomorrow is another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment