Tuesday, November 8, 2011

The Blog to No Where

I have a lot of stuff to do tomorrow, but it's mostly stuff of my own making. Well, okay, I have to pay the rent and my car insurance, but the other stuff concerns a project I'm working on for myself. The project is just in the babysteps stage, but I really hope it works because it will make my life a lot easier.

It was rainy and wet and dreary and I loved the hell out of it. I adore days when it's dark by five. Fuck you, sunshine!  There was this great overcast going on and while we were out paying bills, it made all the autumn leaves look beautiful. Golds and pinks and reds and bright yellows were everywhere. Ahh, nature. You die in such lovely ways.

Speaking of nature, I felt no earthquakes today, which is nice. I should never feel them in the first place, dammit. It turns out, last night some places were having tremors and tornadoes at the same time.  What the fuck is up with that?

Speaking of what the fuck, I was reading today about how women who join male-dominated and male-celebrating religions have trouble finding support systems. WELL DUH!  What part of "they don't treat you well here" don't you understand?  Did you think just because you joined it would be different? No.  It's going to be as bad for you as it is for every other woman who joins.  So, just don't. If a religion doesn't value you as a person and not have issues with the fact that you have a vagina, DO NOT JOIN IT. That isn't so difficult of a concept.

Then again, there seem to be some basic concepts people don't grasp. Do not marry fundies who devalue your gender. Do not marry anyone who was in prison for violence against people of your gender. Do not have children with someone who rapes children. Do not marry someone who rapes children.  Do not marry someone who burns down houses. Do not marry or even talk to anyone who was in a frat. Why is this so hard for people to understand?

People always tell me that the reason this happens is because women don't want to be alone. But, come on now. You're really telling me that there are no other menz out there who would be with you besides, crazy fundies, crazy rapist, crazy wife beaters, or crazy frat brothers? And you're also telling me that if this is your only choices, you will opt for the hell and shittastic bullshit they will give you instead of just being alone?

Yes, being alone means being alone . . . .but at the same time, it also means you don't have to sit around with cracked bones or broken children wondering when the next trauma will come. Being alone is damned nice.

Other people tell me that they believe(d) that being with this person and showing them love would make them change into better people. Again, no. People don't change when you show them love.  They start believing that you accept their evil and will continue to do so. Then they test that, again and again.

People never change because someone is in a relationship with them. People only change if no one speaks to them and they start analyzing this and come to the conclusion that it's because they suck as human beings and might want to do something about that.

Wow, this post got off track.  Anyway, I think you get the point. Nature dies in pretty ways and don't marry people who suck. Yeah, that is totally cohesive.

No comments:

Post a Comment