Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Weirdness

The cats are stalking something in the kitchen.  The whatever it is in the kitchen is making all kinds of disturbing noises. It is, perhaps, another cat. I'm not sure at the moment.  I'm really hoping it's not a mouse, a monster, or a snake. Basically in that order.

They were stalking something earlier but that turned out to be a cricket. I know this because I actually got brave enough to go and see what it was, then killed it. Of course, at the time I didn't realize it was a cricket. Look, I live in the boonies, but that doesn't mean I know the look of every smushed up creepycrawly I see.  I know what mice and fleas look like. And spiders. Not all the other crap.

So I take the bug I killed into my roommate's bedroom and have him look at it. I'm sure that was deeply pleasant. Here he is, just watching a rerun of House, I walk in with a dead smooshy bug on a tissue.

Me: What the fuck did I just kill?
Him: That is a cricket.
Me: It's gross as hell.
Him: Yeah. Get out of my room.

Actually, he didn't say that last part, but I'm sure he was thinking it.

Anyway, now there is weirdness in the form of sounds I can't identify, compounded with cats watching whatever it is intently.  Hopefully nothing nasty will jump out at me. Just to be on the safe side, I think I'm going to go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment