Saturday, December 24, 2011

37 in Review

I turned 38 today. Wow, just reading that sentence is a shocker for me. 38. That seems so old.  I guess it's really not. Wait, who am I kidding? I've been out of high school for 20 years! People my age are already grandparents! Old.

Once I get home from the festivities (not, mind you, festivities FOR my birthday, but for Christmas), I always have these hours of depressive reflection.  Another year gone by and oh god, what did I do with my time?

The thing is, even though this year, like every year, I'm on the verge of tears for some reason, I think the list is pretty great.

  • I started drawing again.
  • I blogged almost the whole year. I'm 300+ posts in.
  • I did a 20 page book for my SIL.
  • I survived Oklahoma's insane ass weather.
  • I made new friends.
  • I strengthened the relationships with the friends I already had.
  • I went to therapy.
  • I worked very hard on getting some of my financial issues solved. (okay, I made some calls and wrote some letters. That should count, dammit).
  • I told some great stories.
  • I entertained people.
  • I served the cats in a manner which was pleasing to them. 
  • I made people laugh.
  • I made ME laugh.
  • I found a lot of new music.
  • I read some really great books.
  • I gave comfort.
  • I actively planned things so that I would know I was participating in life.
  • I gave thanks and felt a deep amount of gratitude for my life.
  • I managed to get through some crisis situations without having to be sent to a facility for mental break down. 
Overall, I think it's a good list of accomplishments.  Goodbye, 37.  I consider you a damned good year.

No comments:

Post a Comment