Thursday, December 29, 2011

Standing in the Way of Control

I think I'm going to do a series of self portraits for the year. Actually, I don't even have to plan this. I will do them. I have this kind of obsessive need to do them.

As I've mentioned before, said portraits are always far more emotionally accurate than physically accurate. Case in point: the one on this blog. This is exactly how I'm feeling right now.

Why?  I dunno. I guess because there is a lot of energy around me. The year is about to end. People are out of pocket. I have no idea what the new year is going to bring or how things will play out for me.

All I can really do is concentrate on the good at the moment. GRRM surprised everyone with a sneak chapter to the new book. My roommate and I had a really fun day. Christmas money was used to pay off a couple of bills with enough left over for pizza.

I'm going to try and be proactive about some things this year. I want to go out of my way to avoid negativity and anger, both in myself and in others. I want to savor the moments of good and plan things to make more of those good moments happen. I want to set things in motion to building a more stable life for myself, in every way that it can be stable. Most of all, I want to actively work on my own happiness and the happiness of those who matter to me.

So yeah, motion.  It's a good place to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment