Monday, December 19, 2011

Monday Musings

I don't believe in biological clocks that tell you to go have babies.  I'm sure people will scream SCIENCE at me. I scream bullshit and social conditioning at them. The biological clock thing is just some way we try to make women in their 30s feel guilty for doing other things with their lives.

On an unrelated note, I'm deeply into Captain America/Ironman slash right now. What a HOT couple!  Lots of great fan art out there if you know how to look.*

Speaking of patriots and rich people, I don't get why Republicans and other conservatives like Christianity AND Ayn Rand. These two concepts have absolutely nothing to do with each other!  Ayn Rand was one of the most confirmed atheists out there!  Are you just picking and choosing what parts you like from both? Again, these two concepts really don't allow for that.

On a somewhat related note, I'm growing increasingly more disenchanted with American politics. This is quite a feat, as I was pretty disenchanted with it anyway. I loathe all of the Republican candidates and loathe Obama. So no good options at all.

It seems like both sides of the political spectrum want to limit people's freedoms and spend money in ways that helps their agendas, but not really in ways that helps America as a whole. That really isn't the kind of place I want to live. Can we please find a way to elect people who act in our best interests and trust us enough to make decisions about our lives without trying to dictate that for us?

I'm also pretty disenchanted with Facebook. Facebook is doing some new big change and said change is bogging the site down so much that it's hard to get it to do anything.  If you've sent me messages on there and I haven't responded, sorry. I can't get the damned thing to work for me.

On the other hand, Glitch is wonderful and I downloaded a free app for my Kindle that lets me play piano!

Heh. I think that's enough musing for now.

*Looking involves turning off your adult content filter for Google.

1 comment: