Thursday, December 1, 2011

Sweeter than Saccharine at a Drug Store Sale

Okay, so it's December 1. The first day of the last month 2011, 24 days til Christmas. It's 23 days until my birthday. I have stuff that needs to happen this month and things that I hope will happen. I also have things that I hope to hell happen the way I need them to.

But in the meantime, I've accomplished some stuff.  I've gotten my Christmas cards ready to send. My best friend and I decorated her Christmas tree today, a tradition that dates back over 15 years.  It's one of those things that's very important to me to do every year, like watching holiday specials with my roommate. It's part of what I see as my festive traditions. 

Other than one or two, my gifts are bought, though this was made possible by my roommate as he's mobile to do the store stuff and I'm really not. Still, gifts are bought and that stresser is gone. 

Anyway, I'll leave you with one of my favorite Christmas songs. Actually, I'm not even sure if it really counts as a Christmas song.  However, my dad always sang it to me when I was a very little girl, way before I really understood all of what it was saying . . . so, to me . . this is always a Christmas song.


No comments:

Post a Comment