Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Happy Hopeful Thoughts

We all need stuff to look forward to. It's the reason we don't go nuts and kill ourselves/others. It's a very good idea to take time and make note of these things in your own life. And I shall do that now!

  • I'm looking forward to Christmas. Actually, I'm not just looking forward to the day itself, but to this whole holiday season. I like stuff about it. I like getting Christmas cards. I like decorating stuff. I like the music and the TV specials. Sometimes the holiday itself can be kind of anticlimactic, but the build up is always worth it!
  • I'm looking forward to Project:Runway Allstars.  I love trainwrecks and sometimes it's fun to see them with people you already know.  Though, seriously, I love PR and want to see what's become of the sewtestants since they were kissed by Heidi and sent off the show.
  • Also in the TV mode, I'm looking forward to the next season of Game of Thrones. While we will be deprived of Ned Stark's impractical sense of honor and duty, we will gain Stanis and his total level of humorless and joyless complaining.  We also get crazyass Damphair and the utter fail of Theon as a villain. 
  • I'm looking forward to seeing if 2012 is really the end of the world as we know it. I get that a lot of people are terrified by the end of the world. I'm kinda not. Unless it ends boringly with lots of politicians interrupting my shows to babble about stuff. That pisses me off. Oh, and while we're on the subject, I'm NOT looking forward to a year of election-masturbation.  
  • All though, an election year means lots of memes about politicians. Those are always fun. I can look forward to those.
Yeah, okay, so maybe that wasn't many. Then again, I did just stick with the fairly near future.  And there are some other things I'm looking forward to, but they're big game changing things so I'm going to keep silent about them. I don't want to jinx it.

No comments:

Post a Comment