Monday, December 31, 2012

The Squirtful Joys of 2012

Ahh, I was SO random this year. My tastes were everywhere and, while into stuff, I would be deeply into it. It was also as strange year in terms of HOW I found favorites. I spent a lot of time watching series in large doses, just letting my mind be consumed by them for a while. I'm not sure if this means I'm losing my attention span or just reshaping it. Possibly both.

Anyway . . .

Favorite Discovery of 2012.

Just for the hell of it one nice, I looked up my favorite author on Wikipedia and realized that she hadn't stopped writing. In fact, she had several books past the ones I read. Within hours, I was happily plotting my life with several more books by P.C Hodgell and soon had them. They were even better than I thought they would be and gave me hours and hours of joy.

Favorite Website

I would love to give this to Glitch, but alas, Glitch was taken from me. Due to that fact, I'll have to go with Crunchyroll. Crunchyroll is this blissful place that hosts a ton of anime movies and series. It's so addicting that I have to limit myself to how often I can go there, otherwise I shall become overwhelmed and lost in all my options. However, I'm quite happy I have found it, as it allowed me to watch two of the three best series I saw this year.

Speaking of which . . . favorite shows of 2012.

Without a doubt, the best series I saw all year was Puella Magi Madoka Magica. If you read the blog, you already know this. I wrote about the series for like days. I still go back and watch episode 10 from time to time and cry. I am amazed by what they were able to accomplish with this show. I not only loved watching it, but I loved analyzing it in the blog.

Crunchyroll also gave me a chance to watch the anime series called Another.  This series was such a head trip. It played games with my emotions in such wicked ways. I allowed myself to get lulled into the story line and made a bunch of assumptions about things that turned out to be misguided. It was a total mindfuck and I loved it for that.

Again though, my favorite series of the year was Game of Thrones. I don't think the season was quite as good as the first, but it did manage to deliver the best episode I watched all year. If you've not seen the episode "Blackwater," you need to. It was amazingly well done and hit every point it needed to. Drunken Cersie was a blast.

I think the best part of my life this year was my friends. I laughed so hard with them, continued my ongoing conversations with them, created with them, and ached with them. My friends listened to me babble about all the stuff that makes me happy, and I got to share in their stuff as well. That makes me deeply happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment