Sunday, March 2, 2014

Ice Ice Sunday

It thundered and iced all day. There is now a thick layer of ice over everything outside, including the streets. I do not wish to go out in it and I am very happy we went shopping today instead of waiting until tomorrow. It's supposed to get down to 10 degrees tonight. That is a lot colder than I ever want to be, but we have warm fires, so I think we'll be okay. I'll still end up sleeping in just my undies though, because I do not want to deal with a hot flash. It's insane to think I'd have one when it's so cold, but insanity is the bitch of perimenopause.

The cats have been weird all day. They do not like this level of cold and they do not like the thunder or lightening. One of them crawled on my arm and insisted on sitting there, like she was some kind of parrot and I her pirate friend. Eventually I talked her down. It was a very strange time.

The schools are closed tomorrow and I'm assuming that basically everything will be closed tomorrow. We were going to go get our mail, but our mailbox place is privately owned and they usually don't open up if there is bad weather happening. It's a little annoying, but most of the employees live out of town and it would be impossible for them to make it in. Such is life in a small town.

Anyway, I'll keep this post short and sweet. I hope everyone stays warm tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment