Saturday, November 29, 2014

Activities

My roommate and I, antisocial beings that we are, actually went to a dinner party tonight. I am very proud of both of us. We drove to a new place, got our directions mostly correct, and interacted with other humans. Yay!

My pies may have not been a hit in our household, but the dishes my roommate brought to the dinner party were. He made a jalapeno corn dish and a cranberry salsa. The cranberry salsa is served over cream cheese. We discussed serving it with Greek yogurt, but that seemed too soft for the purposes of serving. The cream cheese served to offset the heat of the salsa. It did quite well. Both dishes were praised.

We discussed my pie today and decide the best solution is to do it crustless. We'll bake it in a glass dish and serve it with whole graham crackers instead. I think it will work better that way. The grahams' texture will work better than the graham crust did. We probably won't try it again until next year, but I'm looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment