Friday, November 28, 2014

Update on the Slightly Creative Bits

The week of Thanksgiving is over. My roommate and I have a party to attend tomorrow night, but other than that, we're pretty good until Christmas. We're still eating on our holiday food and somehow managed to make that an even bigger thing today because we found some great deals on rolls and some pies.

Speaking of pie, I promised a progress report on mine. Hmm. I would say it's a mixed bag. I have no problem with the pie filling, though it tastes more like pumpkin cheesecake than pumpkin pie. I didn't like it with the graham cracker crust though. I just didn't feel like the two aspects of the pie did each other any favors. I'm enjoying eating it, but I'm not sure I want to use that kind of crust on it again. Though, I'm not sure it would work with traditional pie crust.I'm just going to have to think about it for a while.

We took down our small display of Thanksgiving decoration and replaced it with three bits of Christmas decoration, including the snowman I made last year. I was very happy to see them come out. This new tradition I started of having at least some small something to acknowledge the holidays has been good for me.

The afghan is now big enough to keep me warm as I work on it. Truthfully, this is always the goal. It's not quite big enough to be completed, but we're pretty close. I should have it finished by the end of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment